Salmon and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
1/2 - 1 lb salmon, skinned, boned, and cut into thin strips
3 shallots, chopped
a few sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
3 red bell peppers
a few leaves fresh basil, cut in thin strips
6 green onions, cut in a thin julienne
about 6 tbsp light olive oil
salt & pepper
fettuccine for 4 (about 9-12 oz)
1. mix sliced salmon, chopped shallots, parsley, juice of 1/2 a lemon and a little olive oil and let marinade while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. place the bell peppers in a hot oven until charred. put them in a paper bag until they cool, then peel and remove the seeds. slice into thin strips. (you may used canned roasted red bell pepper, as long as it's not marinated in anything but oil.) add some olive oil and the basil and set aside.
3. begin to cook the fettuccine. when done, drain and set aside.
4. heat some olive oil in a skillet. saute the green onion and red peppers until the onions start to soften, about two minutes. add the salmon mix and saute until salmon is done, about 2 minutes (do not overcook or the salmon will be dry). season with salt and pepper and the juice of the other half of the lemon.
5. add the cooked fettuccine.